We consider the Master Alloy wheels our do-all, go-to wheelset for any occasion, any condition and any road... or trail.
We’ve been using the H Plus Son rims for years now and they’ve proved remarkably resilient and reliable in addition to being fast and smooth-riding. It’s the logical place to start with such a wheel. The logical hub to match these is the King R45, so chosen due to its light weight, robust bearings and precision construction in Portland, OR.
It’s safe to say that if we could have one wheelset to meet all of our training racing and general fun-having needs, this would be the one. It’s the wheel we chose when the day’s events call for the local training crit, then another 50 miles, then unceremoniously hosing the bike off, all while looking good.
Master Alloy Specifications
Master Alloy Costs :: $1265
Master Alloy Includes:
- Front and rear wheels, built to order to specifications described above
- Campagnolo quick release skewers
Does Not Include:
- Shipping costs
- Tires, tubes, cassettes and other parts - these may be ordered separately
Master Alloy Options
- Campagnolo 11 Speed
- Shimano / SRAM 10, 11 Speed
- Navy Blue
- Chris King R45 Disc Brake Hub (+$150 per wheelset)
- Ceramic bearing upgrade (+$100 per wheelset)